"Hi. I was wondering if you watched "The book thief". It hasn`t been released in my country, but I`m sort of afraid to watch it because it might spoil the book (which I finished last night in agressive crocodile tears)."
I haven’t watched it yet :( It was released here last month but because it is a limited release, only a select few theatres are playing it. I will my best to watch it before Christmas if I can squeeze it in one of my rare days-off.
Congrats on reading it!
UPDATE: I just looked at the website again and it’s playing somewhere nearer to me instead of me having to commute all the way downtown to watch it. I will definitely look into my schedule now.
I was tagged by printedwordsonuncutpages
1) What is your happiest memory involving books?
- I don’t know, every time I buy new ones? haha. I can’t think of anything, sorry.
2) If you could wipe one book from you memory, which book would it be and why?
- Nothing because every book I read helps me determine what I like, what I don’t like, makes me learn new things, understand better, etc. You get the idea.
3) Favorite way to sit while reading?
- I go from sitting properly to laying down in the weirdest positions without even noticing it.
4) What types of books do you prefer to read the most?
5) Are you a silent reader or do you make noises and talk while reading?
- Mostly silent except when something extremely good or bad happens that I need to scream or exclaim some sort of emotion
6) Are you willing to lend your books to others?
- Yes, as long as they will be careful. They don’t usually borrow from me because they know I’m crazy.
7) E-reader or actual book?
- Actual book. But I have nothing against e-readers because I own one and they are great for reading at night and they can hold more books than you can ever read.
8) Paperback or hardcover and why?
- Hardcover because I love collecting books - they last longer, looks better, and the covers are harder to get damaged.
9) If you could meet one fictional character, who would it be and why?
- Hermione because she’s my most favorite character.
10) If you could live in one fictional world, where would it be?
- Middle Earth after all the wars are done.
11) Favorite quote or passage?
- I love quotes, here’s one of them: “But there’s a story behind everything. Sometimes the stories are simple, and sometimes they are hard and heartbreaking.”
I was tagged by books-tea-sweaters
1) Who is your book OTP?
- I’m assuming this should be canon so Percy and Annabeth.
2) Who is the first character you had a crush on?
3) What book/series first got you into reading?
- I liked reading those short fairy tales as a child but the one that really got me collecting are the Goosebumps and Fear Street Kids books.
4) Book you have read multiple times?
- I reread books especially when a new book from a series comes out so there’s a lot of them that I reread.
5) Book you absolutely hated?
- I’m not sure if absolutely hated is the right term but I never really got the appeal of twilight (yes, I’ve read the first three books - before someone comments on it)
6) What book would you give as a present?
- Neil Pasricha’s Book of Awesome, because people need to appreciate the little joys of life more.
7) What character do you find the most annoying?
- There are some POV chapters in ASoIaF that I just want to skip but I can’t because I would miss parts of the story.
8) What book ending made you scream? (out of anger or happiness)
- Recently? Allegiant because that was refreshing.
9) What is your biggest book pet peeve?
- People being careless with books (especially MY BOOKS)
10) What’s the book you want to read most on your TBR?
- I have a ton of them but I’m at work so I can’t remember all: Emerald Green, If I Stay, Before I Fall, Daughter of Smoke and Bone, Shatter Me, etc. I’ve slowed down on my reading recently because other stuff kept getting in my way. :(
11) What is a book that helped shape who you are today?
- The most cliche answer of all time: Harry Potter. It was a big part of my childhood. I first read it when I was 12 and by the time the last movie was released, I was already 23 and was still as excited as I was back in 2001 when I first saw the movie ON OPENING NIGHT (I was already an HP addict back then - who knew). I won’t even bother explaining why.
I was tagged by livingthroughbooks
Top 5 book villains?
- Can’t think of anyone right now :(
Favorite dystopian book?
- I’m still in the middle of reading Champion but I like the whole series best I think.
Do you prefer YA or adult novels?
Favorite and least favorite movie adaption?
- I’m still mourning Percy Jackson because that series had so much potential as a movie franchise. I’m still scared to watch Sea of Monsters even though I had a copy for a while now. Favorite is The Lord of the Rings trilogy, it’s just so epic.
Be truthful, how do you REALLY feel about The Fault In Our Stars? Cause I think it’s reeeally overrated.
- TFIOS was just okay for me. It wasn’t bad but it won’t be one of my favorites either.
Do you listen to music while you read?
- Nothing with lyrics if I put on music at all.
Paperback, hardcover or ebook?
Prettiest book cover you’ve ever seen?
- The Night Circus looks good, also the new HP covers are so cool.
What are some of your favorite series?
- Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, Heroes of Olympus, Lord of the Rings, A Song of Ice and Fire, and many others
Do you prefer trilogies, short series (3-5 books) or long ones (like 6+)?
- As long as it’s more than one book I’m good. But of course, the longer the better (unless the author is just forcing to prolong the series - then I’m out)
"I think everybody prefers hardcovers, but they are so much more expansive (here in the uk, at least) :'("
It really is more expensive anywhere I think. For collection purposes, I think hardcovers are better. There’s nothing wrong with paperbacks of course. It all boils down to personal preference.
"I often find that paperbacks tend to have nicer cover art than hardcovers, which is really annoying having to choose between the longevity of the book or the prettier cover :("
I never really noticed that to be honest. Like which ones?
"Hardcover or paperbacks?"
I’m a sucker for hardcovers. Less chances of the cover or the corners to be damaged.
"popular opinion (because we all know it's not unpopular) - i'm better than gayle"
Still not over our last discussion I see lol
YOU PEOPLE ARE TALKING BEHIND MY BACK. Ugh. I can’t believe this.
"Gayle, roe, and carol"
me and roe aren’t friends right now so let’s just ignore her (even if we do talk a lot on here)
but gayle and carol are both definitely two of my closests friends on here and we talk about a lot of stupid shit like hoovers and funnel cake and i don’t know why but people seem to find it entertaining.
EDIT: WE REALLLY ARE FRIENDS OK. WE’RE JUST KIDDING. I LOVE HER REALLY.
I love that it’s names instead of urls. We’ll just assume that they will know who these people are.
*And I happen to love that hoover and funnel cake discussion.
"Your blog makes me smile :)"
"me, me, and me."
This is probably true though. hahaha
I haven’t read any of the books the person wished for but I am leaning towards the fantasy one since that very same book is on my to-read pile just waiting to be noticed.
CHECK YOUR ELFSTER PEOPLE.
If you think this may be applicable to you, please update your:
- complete name
- complete address
Some of the Santas are having trouble due to lack of information on their pairs. Thank you.
My secret santa pair is European. I feel so classy.
I wonder if she even follows me here. hmmmm.
CHECK YOUR ELFSTER PEOPLE. THE PAIRS HAVE BEEN DRAWN. ASK THEM QUESTIONS IF YOU NEED CLARIFICATIONS.
"What book is it Carol is stressing about?"
She is reading all the books in the Tiger Saga right now, specifically the latest book Tiger’s Destiny.
It’s going well so far, don’t you think? :p